Clinical Practice Manager- Seattle Children’s Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) | Children’s Hospital | Seattle, WA
We invite you to bring your career to an environment where talent is rewarded and new ideas are encouraged. At Seattle Children’s, the Pacific Northwest’s premier pediatric care center, we offer more than just state-of-the-art facilities and open career growth potential. You will also find a true commitment to our patients and families that reach far beyond the bounds of clinical expertise.
The Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) is a 18+ bed unit, quaternary care referral center for 4 states. We care for cardiac patients from newborn up to young adults. The CICU patients have complex congenital defects requiring surgery, cardiology and/or cardiac transplant care. Specialized care provided in the CICU includes ECMO/ECLS, Berlin Heart, VADs, continuous renal replacement therapy, nitric oxide, ventricular assist devices, open chest procedures and temporary pacemakers.
The Clinical Practice Manager (Nurse Manager) will collaborate with Director, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Medical Director, Physicians, and clinical staff to manage, assess and enhance the provision of patient care services with the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) on a 24/7 basis to meet continuous quality improvement, customer service, programmatic growth and financial requirements supporting the mission of Seattle Children’s Hospital. Develop, implement and monitor staffing plans, scheduling and staff development to meet current and anticipated needs, and to maintain compliance with patient safety and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required. Other undergraduate degrees will be accepted in lieu of a BSN if the incumbent has also completed a Master’s Degree in Nursing. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Administration or related field will be accepted provided the candidate also possesses a BSN.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a CICU Nurse or PICU or NICU Nurse with cardiac experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Current Washington State RN license or ability to obtain
- BLS for healthcare providers & PALS for healthcare providers.
- Current national certification in clinical specialty area or leadership is required within 3 years
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Management experience
- Charge Nurse experience.
We offer a generous benefit package and relocation assistance. We also have a management incentive program. Please contact Jill Cartwright directly for additional information. 206 987 3505
Seattle Children’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: